PARTY WITH THE KING OF WALTZ
To celebrate the launch of André’s new album Love in Venice, we will be giving people all over the UK the chance to be part of André Rieu’s Week of the Waltz parties.
We can’t wait to get the whole country waltzing, and will provide you with everything you could possibly need to be part of this national celebration led by the King of the Waltz himself, André Rieu.
Lucky hosts will get to invite 9+ friends to their Week of the Waltz Party at home and will be sent an exclusive party pack full of fun and exciting goodies. As well as some "money can’t buy" treats, you and your guests will also have the opportunity to win some exclusive André Rieu prizes. One lucky winner will also open their pack to find André's Golden Ticket hidden inside, unlocking an extra special Rieu gift!
André Rieu’s Week of the Waltz parties will run all week from Saturday 1 November to Sunday 9 November.
terms & rules
TERMS & CONDITIONS
(FOR ANDRE RIEU #LOVEINVENICE WEEK OF THE WALTZ PARTIES)
1. This promotion is administered and run by Come Round Limited whose registered office is at 51 Clarkegrove Road, Sheffield, S10 2NH (Company No: 07295031) (“Come Round”, “we”, “our” and “us”).
2. Entry to all aspects of this competition is open to all legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 (eighteen) years or over at the time of entry who are resident in the UK but excluding employees of Universal Music (UK) Limited (“Universal”) and Come Round and their respective families or other persons professionally connected to the promotion (“Entrants”, “you”, and “your”).
3. There are 2 (two) competitions, which are all open to hosts and guests of “André Rieu #LoveInVenice Week of the Waltz Parties” (each, a “Party”) selected by Come Round and taking place between 1 and 9 November 2014.
4. No purchase is necessary.
5. The closing date for entering Competition 1 and Competition 2 is 23:59 on 16 November 2014 (the “Closing Date”).
6. The winners of the competition will be notified by e-mail no later than 1 (one) week after the date on which the winners were chosen (as specified below).
7. The winner must acknowledge this notification by no later than 1 (one) week after receiving such notification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Failure to acknowledge the notification will be regarded as a forfeit and the prize will be redrawn. We shall not have any liability to winners in such eventuality.
9. In our discretion, we may elect to verify an Entrant’s age and require the Entrant’s reasonable co-operation in providing that verification.
10. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
11. All details are accurate at time of publication.
12. All components of competition prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any component of the prizes is unavailable for any reason we reserve the right to substitute that competition prize component with another prize of equal value and the prizewinner will be notified accordingly.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your entry.
14. We do not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, illegal, illegible, misdirected or late entries.
15. By entering the competition you are assumed to have accepted these Competition Terms and Conditions.
16. All entries must be made in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions.
17. Our decisions in relation to all matters connected with the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of any competition decisions.
18. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity without additional compensation, however reasonable expenses will be paid for provided we have given our prior written consent to the Entrant.
19. We may cancel or amend the terms of these competition and promotion at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details.
20. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond our control.
21. Proof of posting will not be proof of delivery.
22. You may not transfer or otherwise deal with any of your rights or obligations acquired under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
23. These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
24. The decision of the Judges (which is Universal Music (UK) Limited) shall be final and unchallengeable and in their absolute discretion they may declare any entry void. No reasons will be given for any decision made by the Judges.
25. We will have the right, at our discretion, to change the rules of this competition while they are running if it is fair or appropriate to do so, including extending the closing date, in which case we will place a notice on this section of our website to this effect. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters relating to the competition.
26. Please note that no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any Entrant. “Improper actions” includes, without limitation, any improper manipulation of voting using social media or other websites including improperly incentivizing voting/liking and/or any activity leading to a person casting more than 1 (one) vote (or like) or votes (or likes or shares) turning out not to have been genuinely cast by real people. An entry which receives more Facebook shares than Facebook likes will be deemed to have been the subject of “improper action”.
27. The names and counties of winners will be made available to those enquiring up to 31 December 2014 by contacting Come Round.
28. You must get the prior permission of any person being photographed or filmed and also the prior permission of the owner of the home in which photographs/videos are taken/filmed and ensure that such people are aware that photographs/videos of them are being entered into these competitions (and made available to the public via the internet as a consequence). Before submitting any photographs/videos into this competition, you should ensure that you have permission to upload (and therefore enter) those photographs/videos into these competitions.
29. All Entrants (hosts and guests) grant to Come Round and Universal a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free license to use, reproduce and exploit for the purposes of advertising this competition, Universal products and Universal #LoveInVenice Parties across media all materials supplied in their entries, and to sub-license these rights to others. We will not be required to obtain Entrants’ further consent to such use. All Entrants agree that Come Round shall be the owners of the copyright in and to any such materials created at Universal #LoveInVenice Parties which comprise your name, likeness, image, words, quotes, photographs, recordings and other personal attributes. Accordingly by entering this competition you agree that we and our partners can use all such materials supplied in their competition entries (including, without limitation, photographs and videos) as we and they wish, including, for example, for promotion of Come Round and future Come Round parties and events.
30. We are not liable to you or winners if, due to circumstances beyond our control, the competition(s) cannot be fulfilled, winners cannot be chosen or the prize cannot be used or enjoyed by the winners.
31. Come Round excludes any liability (to the fullest extent the law permits) for any costs, claims, losses you or any third party connected to you suffers or incurs due to your entering this competition. By participating in these parties, hosts and guests agree not to sue Come Round or its affiliates.
32. The supplier of the prizes is Universal Music (UK) Limited whose office is at 364-366 Kensington High St, London W14 8NS.
COMPETITION 1 : #LoveInVenice BEST GROUP PHOTO COMPETITION
33. Take a group photo of your Party holding up your Week of the Waltz poster which is inside the party pack sent to each successful party host.
34. Party hosts should log into their Come Round account. Select the “My Events” tab. Click on the “André Rieu’s Week of the Waltz” party. Under “event media” there is a big box which says “drop files or folders here”. Click on the “browse” button and select the group photo(s) you would like to submit for this competition.
35. Please ensure that you have uploaded your group photo before the Closing Date which is 23:59 on 16 November 2014.
36. We know you will have fun at your Party so make sure this really shows in the group photo! Dress up, decorate your house and strike poses with your guests. The better the picture, the more chance your picture will be eligible for the prize!
37. From on or around 25 November 2014, suitable photos will be uploaded to the André Rieu Facebook page at www.facebook.com/andrerieu. Come Round will select the photos that will be displayed in its discretion. Come Round reserves the right to seek verification that all party guests have given permission to appear in photos submitted to Come Round.
38. Like your favourite photo (it could be yours!) and get everyone you know to like it too. We will take into account everyone’s likes when we select the winning photo.
39. As at 23:59 on 30 November 2014 the 5 (five) photos (uploaded to the Andre Rieu Facebook page) with the most combined Facebook likes and Facebook shares (i.e. Facebook shares and likes added up for that photo) will be selected as winners. Any photo with more than 400 (four hundred) likes will be required to have a minimum number of Facebook ‘shares’ greater than 10% (ten per cent) of that photo’s Facebook likes. For example, if a photo has 500 (five hundred) Facebook likes then it should also have at least 50 (fifty) Facebook shares (i.e. 10% (ten per cent)). A photo’s Facebook likes and shares will be only be counted from when (and if) that photo is uploaded to the Andre Rieu Facebook page. Please note that qualifying to be a winner is based on Facebook ‘Likes’ and Facebook ‘shares’.
40. Every Party host must upload to their Come Round account a group photo complying with the above otherwise the host is unlikely to be selected to participate in future Come Round parties. If you don’t wish your photos to be entered into this competition or put up on Facebook, that’s fine – just email us at email@example.com to explain but you still need to upload a group photo.
41. On or around 5 December 2014, we will announce the (five) winners.
42. The photo with the most combined Facebook likes shall win 2 (two) tickets to the André Rieu concert on 20 December 2014 at Wembley Arena, London. Travel and accommodation is not included. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
43. The other 4 (four) winners will each win 1 (one) copy of the "100 Years of Strauss" album.
44. Additionally on or around 5 December 2014, the Judges will pick (from among all the photos uploaded) their favourite photo as 1 (one) further winner (“the Judges’ Winner”). The Judges will be evaluating each entry (and therefore ultimately selecting a winner) based on the quality and content of each photo and not on Facebook Likes or shares.
45. The Judges’ Winner shall win a selection of André Rieu albums and DVDs.
46. These prizes are awarded to the person who hosts the Party at which the winning photos were taken. We suggest (but do not insist) that the partygoers who appeared in the winning photos enjoy these prizes.
COMPETITION 2 : #LoveInVenice BEST WALTZING VIDEO/PHOTO COMPETITION
47. Use your party props and get everyone at the party to waltz. Make a video or take a photo of you all waltzing.
48. Party hosts should log into their Come Round account. Select the “My Events” tab. Click on the “André Rieu’s Week of the Waltz” party. Under “event media” there is a big box which says “drop files or folders here”. Click on the “browse” button and select the video(s) and photo(s) you would like to submit for this competition.
49. Please ensure that you have uploaded your video/photo before the Closing Date which is 23:59 on 16 November 2014.
50. All entries must be original and owned by the person submitting the entry (i.e. not, for example, taken from an existing source).
51. On or around 5 December 2014, the Judges will pick their favourite photos and video. A selection of those photos and videos will feature in a forthcoming André Rieu music video.
52. If you don’t wish your waltzing photos/videos to be featured in a forthcoming André Rieu music video then notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org at the time you upload your photo/video. Please also note the wording in clause 28 above which requires each host to have obtained prior permission of any person being photographed or filmed. Please also ensure you and they are aware of the wording in clause 29 above especially given that this prize means that your and their contribution may be included in an André Rieu music video which may exploited by any means and media throughout the world and in perpetuity.