terms & rules
Campbell Books Read and Play Party Activity T&Cs
1. This promotion is administered and run by Come Round Limited whose registered office is at 32 Mulberry Way, Armthorpe, Doncaster, DN3 3UE (Company No: 07295031) (“Come Round”, “we”, “our” and “us”).
2. Entry to all aspects of this competition is open to all legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 (eighteen) years or over at the time of entry who are resident in the UK but excluding employees of Macmillan Publishers International Limited (trading as Pan Macmillan), 20 New Wharf Road, London N1 9RR (“Campbell Books”)and Come Round and their respective families or other persons professionally connected to the promotion (“Entrants”, “you”, and “your”).
3. This competition is open to hosts and guests of “Campbell Books Read and Play Party” (each, a “Party”) selected by Come Round and taking place between 24-30 June 2019.
4. No purchase is necessary.
5. The closing date for entering each competition is 23:59 on Sunday 14 July 2019 (the “Closing Date”).
6. The winners of each competition will be notified by e-mail no later than 1 (one) week after the date on which the winners were chosen (as specified below).
7. The winner must acknowledge this notification by no later than 2 (two) weeks after receiving such notification by emailing email@example.com.
8. Failure to acknowledge the notification will be regarded as a forfeit and the prize will be redrawn. We shall not have any liability to winners in such eventuality.
9. In our discretion, we may elect to verify an Entrant’s age and require the Entrant’s reasonable co-operation in providing that verification.
10. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
11. All details are accurate at the time of publication.
12. All components of the competition prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any component of the prizes is unavailable for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute that competition prize component with another prize of equal value and the prize winner will be notified accordingly.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your entry.
14. We do not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, illegal, illegible, misdirected or late entries.
15. By entering each competition you are assumed to have accepted these Competition Terms and Conditions.
16. All entries must be made in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions.
17. Our decisions in relation to all matters connected with each competition are final.
18. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity without additional compensation, however, reasonable expenses will be paid for provided we have given our prior written consent to the Entrant.
19. We may cancel or amend the terms of this competition and promotion at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details.
20. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond our control.
21. Proof of posting will not be proof of delivery.
22. You may not transfer or otherwise deal with any of your rights or obligations acquired under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
23. These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
24. The decision of the judge shall be final and unchallengeable and in their absolute discretion, they may declare any entry void. No reasons will be given for any decision made by the Judge. The Judge comprises a panel of employees and/or representatives of Campbell Books and Come Round.
25. We will have the right, at our discretion, to change the rules of this competition while they are running if it is fair or appropriate to do so, including extending the closing date, in which case we will place a notice on this section of our website to this effect. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters relating to each competition.
26. Please note that no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any Entrant. “Improper actions” includes, without limitation, any improper manipulation of voting using social media or other websites including improperly incentivizing voting/liking and/or any activity leading to a person casting more than 1 (one) vote (or like) or votes (or likes or shares) turning out not to have been genuinely cast by real people. An entry which receives more Facebook shares than Facebook likes will be deemed to have been the subject of “improper action”.
27. The first names and cities of winners will be made available to those enquiring up to 30 September 2019 by contacting Come Round.
28. All Entrants (hosts and guests) grant to Come Round, to Campbell Books and to any brand partners (whose product is included in party packs sent to Party hosts) (“Partners”) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce and exploit for the purposes of advertising this competition, Campbell Books, Partners products, Campbell Books Read and Play Parties across media all materials supplied in their entries, and to sub-license these rights to others. We will not be required to obtain Entrants’ further consent to such use. All Entrants agree that Come Round shall be the owners of the copyright in and to any such materials created at Campbell Books Read and Play Parties which comprise your name, likeness, image, words, quotes, photographs, recordings, and other personal attributes. Accordingly, by entering this competition you agree that Campbell Books, our partners and we can use all such materials supplied in their competition entries (including, without limitation, photographs and videos) as they and we wish, including, for example, for promotion of Come Round and future Come Round parties and events.
29. We are not liable to you or winners if, due to circumstances beyond our control, the competitions cannot be fulfilled, winners cannot be chosen or the prize cannot be used or enjoyed by the winners.
30. Come Round excludes any liability (to the fullest extent the law permits) for any costs, claims, losses you or any third party connected to you suffers or incurs due to your entering this competition. By participating in these parties, hosts and guests agree not to sue Come Round or its affiliates.
31. The supplier of the prizes is Campbell Books unless where otherwise stated.
COMPETITION 1 : COLOURING COMPETITION
32. Using the A4 sheets in your party pack, ask children at the party to colour in their own fire-breathing dragon. Tell them to be as creative as possible.
33. This competition is open to any children at the party (not just the children of the Party host).
34. If you need more A4 sheets, you can download them at bit.ly/2KxqGb1
35. Take a photo of each child’s colouring-in and upload it to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the #CampbellBooksParty hashtag.
36. Make sure you upload your photograph to social media before the Closing Date, which is 23:59 on Sunday 14 July 2019.
37. There is no limit to the number of photographs each person can submit for this competition and each counts as 1 (one) entry.
38. All entries must be original and owned by the person submitting the entry (i.e. not, for example, taken from an existing source).
39. On or around Monday 22 July 2019, the Judge will pick their 5 (five) favourite colouring-in entries (based on quality and creativity) as the winners.
40. 5 (five) winners shall each win a bundle of My Magical books including: My Magical Dragon,?My Magical Mermaid,?My Magical Unicorn,?My Magical Sea Unicorn,?My Magical Mermaid Sticker Activity Book and My Magical Unicorn Sticker Activity Book.
41. This prize is awarded to the parent who uploaded the winning colouring-in in accordance with the above.
COMPETITION 2 : READ AND REVIEW
42. Whether you are a Party host or a guest we would love to know what you honestly think - good or bad - of each of these books: Bathtime Book: Squirty Fish,?My First Touch and Find: Park,?My Magical Dragon,?First Stories: Jack and the Beanstalk and Big Steps: Can You Say Please?
43. Write your honest review at amazon.co.uk. You will need to have an Amazon account to write the reviews. Here are the links where you can leave your reviews:
(a) Bathtime Book: Squirty Fish https://amzn.to/2N6zGpU
(b) My First Touch and Find: Park https://amzn.to/31RqUiQ
(c) My Magical Dragon https://amzn.to/2J0byji
(d) First Stories: Jack and the Beanstalk https://amzn.to/2WVXuRE
(e) Big Steps: Can You Say Please? https://amzn.to/2X1naMJ
44. Before the Closing Date, which is 23:59 on Sunday 14 July 2019, Party hosts and guests should:
(a) upload their reviews to amazon.co.uk; and
(b) email a screenshot of each review to firstname.lastname@example.org
45. Reviewers are entirely free to choose the content, length, tone, language used in their reviews.
46. The first 10 (ten) Party hosts or guests to do (a) and (b) as set out above (i.e. in respect of all 5 (five) books), will each win 1 (one) copy of the book entitled There are 101 Animals In This Book.
47. In addition, of all the reviews submitted in accordance with the foregoing, on or around Monday 22 July 2019, the Judge will pick 5 (five) reviews at random each to win 1 (one) copy of the book entitled Busy Zoo. We will use an online random name selector to pick those winners e.g. http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
48. These prizes are awarded to the person who emails the screenshot of their review to email@example.com in accordance with the above.
Host Application T&Cs
You must be at least 18 years old to apply to host this party on behalf of your child. 100 applicants will be shortlisted as party hosts based on how well each applicant's' demographic information matches the demographic profile we require for this marketing campaign. Those hosts will be required to have at least 4 child guests (and their parents) attend their party, with the host having invited and obtained permission from the (guest) parents through Come Round’s private invitation system in order to be eligible to receive a free party pack and Campbell Books product. You need to have 5 children aged 0-5 at your party. Guests must be genuine friends and family of the host. Each host is required to carry out activities including creating and sharing content on social media using the #CampbellBooksParty hashtag. The homeowner’s prior permission where you plan to hold your party must be obtained. No more than one application to host may be submitted by each person and no more than one application to host may be submitted per household. UK mainland households only. Come Round is the marketing agency running this marketing campaign on behalf of Pan Macmillan (which owns the Campbell Books imprint).